If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
1. It was 44 deg. and rainy when I got up. It rained all day long, and now it’s 46 deg. with rain in the forecast every day except Saturday through the end of the month..
2. I have a (slightly) guilty secret. You may have guessed it. I’m a sucker for Starbucks’ Mocha. I know that the cups and packaging from Starbucks is burying the planet in waste paper and plastic. But I found this today, and now I’m not quite as worried and guilty.
3. We had our “Flash Fiction” class this morning. It’s fun, and forces me to write. I have a really hard time writing fiction, but I think it may be getting easier. Today we were supposed to write a story, personifying an inanimate object. I wrote about my new umbrella who was a little disappointed it didn’t get to go to Washington, DC, like it thought, and ended up in Washington state. It had hopes of turning into a sun shade, but felt that was not really in the cards here.
4. Today, FTJ treated Big Al and me (along with five other people) to lunch in honor of birthdays and anniversaries. Pretty decent food – mushroom and roasted garlic soup, coleslaw, something called Bourbon Rotisserie Tri Tip (which turned out to be brisket with a very nice gravy), baked potato, and mixed swiss chard and lima beans (I know that sounds awful, but it was really pretty good.) We also got birthday cake and mocha almond fudge ice cream for dessert.
5. After all that, I went to the Garden Apartments and started (my last for the week) load of clothes, back to the Wellness Center for my time with my Personal Trainer, and back to the Garden Apartments to get the wet (but clean) clothes to take home and dry. Now they are dried and hung up, and I don’t have to think about laundry for several days.
BONUS: I just found out that the part for my washing machine is here and should be installed before the end of the week!!!!!
How about you? What made you happy today?