If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
1. It was 49 deg. and pouring rain when I got up. It quit raining by 8:30 am and the sun played peek-a-boo with the clouds from mid-morning to mid-afternoon, with the temperature climbing to 53 deg. About the time we got home from church and dinner, the rain returned with 50 deg. and falling temps.
2. Good (short) sermon in church with an explanation of four types of predestination. The sermon was short because we had the annual meeting today after a catered lunch of lasagna, salad, and cookies for dessert. I’m proud of the impact our little church makes in the community and in the greater church. Out of a $359K annual budget, we gave $15K to local missions, $10K denominational missions, and $10K to special offerings.
3. Lunch at Kyoto Japanese Restaurant. Big Al had yakisoba, and I has sukiyaki. (No, I didn’t have two dinners. I skipped the food at church, and opted for dinner with Big Al later.)
4. I went back through the application for Bethany to become an Earth Care Congregation, and discovered that we have enough points. I’ll be sending in the paperwork tomorrow!
5. I’ve got to brag a little on my granddaughter, Kate. She is a senior in high school, and they just relocated to Kennewick, Washington, this summer from Birmingham, Alabama. She has been recognized for leadership in her new school.
How about you? What made you happy today?