Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
1. It was 47 deg. and pouring rain when I got up. It quit raining about 1:00 pm but it started again about 5:00 pm. The temperature now is 49 deg.
2. In Bible study this morning we talked about Hell. I’m going to love finding out what Sarah has to say about it on Sunday in the sermon.
3. Big Al and I had lunch at the Bistro today. He had a Chef Salad, and I brought a tuna fish salad sandwich from home (I like my “seedy” bread better than their whole wheat). I also got a mocha and a scone for a snack after I worked out for a while
4. We had the first meeting of our Great Decisions group for this year, and got our books. I’m going to be discussion facilitator the first session on Climate Change and the Global Order.
BEIJING, CHINA – DECEMBER 01: A man rides riding a tricycle with plastic bottles to be recycled on a day of heavy pollution on December 1, 2015 in Beijing, China. China’s capital and many cities in the northern part of the country recorded the worst smog of the year with air quality devices in some areas unable to read such high levels of pollutants. Levels of PM 2.5, considered the most hazardous, crossed 600 units in Beijing, nearly 25 times the acceptable standard set by the World Health Organization. The governments of more than 190 countries are meeting in Paris this week to set targets on reducing carbon emissions in an attempt to forge a new global agreement on climate change. (Photo by Lintao Zhang/Getty Images)
5. The resident’s quarterly art show was this afternoon, and Big Al had 5 pictures displayed. He writes short poetry and then includes it on a photo that illustrates his poem. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it.
How about you? What made you happy today?