Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
1. It was 34 deg. and clearing in the East when I got up, a big change from the last month. Now mid-afternoon, it’s 43 deg. and beautiful. The forecast says it’s going to go down to 34 deg. again this evening, and it should be nice (but cold) tomorrow as well. I’ll take it!
2. Happy Palindrome Day! 02-02-2020. And It works for both folks with MM-DD-YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY.
3. Good sermon in church about Hell. Did you know eternal damnation is only mentioned in two places in the gospels and only five other times in the rest of the New Testament? When it is mentioned, it’s in the context of people who don’t care for the poor, the hungry, the homeless, or the lost. It’s never mentioned in the Old Testament. Matthew 16:18c declares “…the gates of Hell will not prevail.” God and love win in the end.
4. Because the sun is out for the first time in seventeen days, we had lunch on the waterfront. Big Al had his regular Seafood Louie, and I had the special which included appetizer, entrée, and dessert. I had Shrimp Cocktail, Steak Oscar with baked potato, and Brussels sprouts and yellow squash medley, and “Burnt Cream” (their version of Crème Brulee).
5. The Super Bowl is on later today. I’ll probably watch some (since it’s the last football until August), but I don’t have any particular team favorite.
How about you? What made you happy today?