Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.
1. It was 32 deg. and damp when I got up. The computer said it was snowing, but nary a flake on my hill. It’s supposed to flip over to rain by mid-morning. We’ve had a few tiny flakes mixed with misty rain all day long. It got up to 35 deg. by mid-morning, and now, mid-afternoon, it’s 40 deg. The temperatures are supposed to rise all night long, to be in the high 40s by daybreak. This is the first anniversary of the beginning of snowpocalypse-2019. I’m eternally grateful that It doesn’t look like I’m going to be house-bound this year.
Franke Tobey Jones, February 2019
2. I’m reading Pat Conroy’s The Lords of Discipline. I thought I had read all of his books years ago, but I don’t remember this one. I’m once again transported by his word craft and the poetry of his prose. His descriptions of Charleston are absolutely lyrical.
3. In Bible study this morning we talked about forgiveness (a welcome relief after talking about sin, and predestination the last couple of weeks.) It’s still a thorny topic, though. “Does forgiveness depend on contrition?” “Does forgiveness mean no punishment?” “Do I have to forgive myself?”
4. The housekeepers came today, and I have clean sheets on the beds, clean bathrooms, a clean kitchen, and floors that have been vacuumed and mopped.
5. We went to Brain Training this afternoon. It’s always fun to spend an hour doing quizzes and puzzles.
How about you? What made you happy today?