Within you is a happy saint, waiting for you to get out of the way.
Pir Elias Amidon
1. I made a start on sorting through all my paperwork so I can clean out my files and start doing our taxes. I didn’t get very far before my sister called, but all the folders are out of the filing cabinet, so I suppose I have to do something with them – probably tomorrow afternoon.
2. I had a long talk with my sister in New York City this morning. She is recovering well from hip replacement surgery less than two weeks ago. She is the sibling I talk to the least, mostly because she is usually very busy and, you know, there’s that time zone thing. When we do connect, we end up on the phone for an hour and a half, and we solve all the problems of the world. (If only the world would pay attention to us!)
3. I’ve been pretty discouraged about the candidates for the Democratic election next fall. It seems to me that the leading contenders each have at least one fatal flaw. I’ve been leaning towards Mike Bloomberg, and after talking to my sister who has lived in New York City forever, I’m more and more inclined to support him. (I promise I won’t let these posts flip over into a political diatribe.)
4. I fixed Wick Fowler’s Chili for lunch today. Hearty and warming to the tummy.
5. After polishing off my 10,000 steps at the Wellness Center, I went to Starbucks and got a mocha and a scone. While I was there I ran into a couple from church who were having coffee with their niece – Abby!
How about you? What made you happy today?