How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
1. Today is our oldest grandchild’s 21st birthday. How well I remember that day.
2. We left early this morning and went to the commissary for our regular shopping that we do every five or six weeks. We had a fast food breakfast – I got a mocha and a scone. Big Al got breakfast burritos. I LOVE shopping at the commissary on Monday mornings!!! The shelves are full, the aisles are (relatively) empty. We were in and out in less than a hour. All the groceries were unloaded from the car and put away by 12:30, so we went to lunch at Oddfellas. Big Al had a club sandwich and I had a southwest chicken chopped salad.
3. I did two loads of clothes last night, and started the last load before we left this morning after adding our nightwear to the washer. The wash was finished when we got home. I dried it while we went to lunch. Now, all the laundry is clean, dried, folded, and hung up.
4. My personal trainer, Sarah, is back after spending a month in Thailand with her family. I’ve really missed her. She put me through my paces today and I feel tired, but good.
5. Today is Gazebo Group – happy hour with my favorite folks! I’m ready for a glass of wine.
BONUS: After fog this morning, the sun has been shining since noon. Still pretty cool, but sunny with blue, blue Seattle skies.
How about you? What made you happy today?