How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
1. Big Al worked at the Food Bank today. He loves sitting at the bread table, chatting with the little kids accompanying their grandmothers who do childcare every day during the summer while their moms are working . Many of the grandmothers don’t speak much English, so the kids translate for them. He made friends with the kids when they were really little, but now they are mostly in school. He still enjoys volunteering there.
2. My personal trainer is still recovering from jetlag, so she asked me to come in this morning instead of this afternoon. She tested me to set some new benchmarks for me, and so I could tell whether I was making any progress.
3. I ate lunch alone because Big Al was at the Food Bank. I had a ham sandwich and some steamed yellow squash. Al isn’t fond of squash, so I eat it when he’s not around.
4. I finished off the tax return, and hit send. We should be getting $400 back, which is nice.
5. I heard from my brother that my sister-in-law was out of surgery (for breast cancer the second time.) Apparently the lesion was tiny, and they are sure it hadn’t spread. Thanks be to God for modern medicine.
How about you? What made you happy to