Until we allow ourselves to see discomfort as the agent of change it is, we live in fear.
1. The backyard is alive with tiny grey-brown birds, not much bigger than hummingbirds. No markings at all that I can see. I would have said they were kinglets, but they don’t have wingbars. Maybe I’m just pining for the return of the wrens, robins, etc.
2. Although the forecast said today was going to be cloudy with showers, we’ve had clear skies, a light breeze, and lots of sun. It’s still only in the mid-40s but it’s not raining.
3. I resurrected a BIG pork loin from the freezer, and when I cut into its wrappings, I found it was really two pork loins. I cut each one in thirds, and I returned one-third to the freezer as it was, one-third got soaked in teriyaki sauce and returned to the freezer, and the last third I roasted with a glaze of apple butter. Very tasty with asparagus and boiled red skin potatoes.
4. All the laundry is washed, dried, folded and hung up.
5. It’s Monday, so I have Happy Hour with my tribe this evening.
How about you? What made you happy today?