We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness.
Thich Nhat Hanh
1. Today is Mama’s birthday – she would have been 100 years old today. She’s been dead for 23 years, and I still think about her, particularly on special days like today. She was 12 years old in this picture.
2. Flash Fiction creative writing course this morning. We were supposed to write a story with conflict in it. I chose to write about my love/hate relationship with technology.
3. We had dinner at FTJ because we didn’t get out of the class early enough for me to cook and then get to my Personal Trainer. Al had salmon, brown rice and sliced carrots, and I had Pork Pernil and brown rice. For starters we both had Grilled Chicken Tortilla Soup, and a mixed green salad, and for dessert we both had Mint Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pie.
4. My personal trainer really put me through my paces today, I worked up a good sweat, and got my 10,000 steps done early.
5. The day was beautiful. This makes two in a row of blue, cloudless skies. With all the sun it felt warmer than the reported 49 deg. The mountain was out in all its glory.
How about you? What made you happy today?