We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness.
Thich Nhat Hanh
1. Our tax refund came today. I should be able to pay off my credit card that has the charge for my trip to Houston on it. I work really hard to keep the roll-over balance of the card at zero.
2. We had a Buddhist monk come to FTJ today to teach us how to meditate. I already have an on-again, off-again meditation practice, but I need to get back to it regularly. Three principles of Buddhism – renunciation, empathy, wisdom.
3. The Southern Policy Law Center has won a major victory in restoring voting rights in Florida. After they voted in the last election to restore voting rights to felons, the governor and legislature instituted what amounted to a pole tax. The courts have now struck that down as well.
4. Dinner today was in Lillian Pratt. Big Al wasn’t impressed with his, but I had Spicy Pork Bibimbap. It was very good, but I’m afraid most of the people around here didn’t like it because of the spice level.
5. We had the second in the series of Meaningful Movies. They show documentary films that help to get public discussion started. Today’s offering was Free Trip to Egypt.
How about you? What made you happy today?