Truth still exists; the truth still matters.
Judge Amy Berman Jackson
1. I was ripped from slumber at 6:45 am with a clap of thunder, and rain and hail hitting the windows like a fire hose was aimed at the house. I burrowed under the covers for a minute. I love elemental storms.
2. The wind and lightening knocked out the electricity for 5 hours and 15 minutes. By 9 am it was getting cold in the house, and I decided to go get breakfast – BUT, the garage door was closed. The maintenance man came and released us.
3. Big Al and I went out to brunch because there was no possibility of a hot breakfast at home. We went to OddFelllas, that fortunately had not lost power (or if it had, it had been restored.) I had French toast and ham, and Big Al had homemade corned beef hash with eggs on top.
4. After breakfast we returned to FTJ and took refuge in Lillian Pratt because they had lights in the lobby from the emergency generator and a lot of residual heat. At noon, almost exactly, the power came back on and we returned home. I’ve got all the clocks reset (including the one on the server), and the computers running.
5. The wind continued, but there was no more rain. As long as none of the trees on the other side of the fence decide to get in bed with me tonight, we’re good. We decided to have our planned lunch for dinner and went to Moctezuma’s for Mexican food. Not a bad day although it started off with a fair amount of drama.
How about you? What made you happy today?