We were late out of the starting block. We’ve missed a lot of turns. It’s still too foggy to go out. But the haze will clear and we will rise again, if we but sit patiently at home and enjoy what is right in front of us for a while longer.
1. It’s a gorgeous day today. I’m grieving over the lives lost in the tornadoes throughout the central part of the country, but they haven’t kept me from enjoying my blue, blue skies and sun. It was warm enough this morning to do a tour of campus before lunch. Then I took another long walk this afternoon after lunch and before the FTJ sponsored “Tailgate Happy Hour.” The staff brought us a tailgate party of wine and snacks as we sat in our driveways.
2. For lunch Big Al decided to finish off his Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice from last Friday, and I had a veggie dinner of baked sweet potato, steamed yellow squash, and purple hull peas with a corn muffin. Tasty and filling.
3. I’ve been tracking the confirmed cases of the virus in Tacoma (it’s reported as part of the Pierce County numbers). We’ve had 350+ confirmed cases, 6 deaths, and (if we assume 80% recovery rate after 14 days) 91 recoveries. They aren’t reporting numbers of recoveries anywhere that I can find, but I’m reasonably happy with those numbers for a city of 208,000+. And we definitely seem to be flattening the curve. The most new cases were reported 25 days ago – 39 one day and 45 the next. For the last week we’ve been in single digits for new cases daily, except for one day with 14 new cases. I’m happy to stay home if it keeps working like this.
4. The laundry is all washed, dried, folded and hung up.
5. Good Zoom meeting of the Gazebo Group after we had already visited with folks who live within shouting distance of us at the Tailgate Happy Hour. It’s nice to be able to visit with each other in person, and even better to see everybody on Zoom.
How about you? What made you happy today?