We are tied together in the single garment of destiny, caught in an inescapable network of mutuality. And whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. The day dawned cloudy and dreary, but between 10:00 and 11:00 this morning it started to clear off and it was beautiful by noon. The weather for my walk this afternoon was warm enough that I only needed my shirt sleeves.
2. We had our creative writing class (on Zoom) on Flash Fiction this morning. This is what I wrote. Please be assured that it was total fiction, although I thought it made a pretty interesting plot for a Hallmark movie. I guess I’ve been watching too many of those.
3. As soon as Al and I finished breakfast this morning, I got a pot of chili started, since we would be in class all morning and I wouldn’t have a chance to fix lunch. Al was on his iPad in the kitchen, so he had the responsibility to stir occasionally. He must have done a good job of it, because it was very tasty and just the right consistency.
4. I’ve broken down and gotten a subscription to both BritBox and Acorn. We’re re-viewing all the episodes of Inspector Morse, and I’m working on all the Midsomer Murders while I work out. I got all my steps today before 3:00 pm.
5. I’m making some progress on my jigsaw puzzle. I have some pretty big chunks of it done, but I’m severely hampered by the fact that I’m missing at least one, and maybe more, edge pieces.
How about you? What made you happy today?