We are tied together in the single garment of destiny, caught in an inescapable network of mutuality. And whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. Another really beautiful day. It got up to 67 deg this afternoon, and it felt even warmer since there was very little wind.
2. I spent the morning running errands (grocery shopping). I picked up my order from Safeway, and there were a couple of things that they must have been out of. So I went to Trader Joes and got tortilla chips (I’ve been promising them to Big Al all week), and eggs (that apparently I forgot to order). That took me a couple of hours – most of it standing in line waiting to get into Trader Joes. At least the line was in the sunshine and there was a nice breeze, and even though I did wear my mask I wasn’t too hot. I appreciate them limiting the number of people in the store, and everybody in line outside was very deliberate about standing 6 feet apart. I got some yellow chrysanthemums at Trader Joes. I really miss the flowers from the Farmer’s Market every week.
3. I stopped on my way home and picked up sandwiches from Red Wagon. Big Al had a cheeseburger with fries, and I got a chicken breast sandwich with avocado and onion rings instead of fries. It’s been a while since we’ve had burgers.
4. I checked my chart of cases of the virus in Tacoma this afternoon. The first 8 days of March we were averaging just under 20 new cases a day. The most recent 8 days have averaged just under 10 new cases a day. I’m happy with it.
5. Good walk before I went in the Wellness Center to finish off my steps for the day. Now I’m getting ready to work some more on my puzzle. And maybe I’ll bake a Bisquick coffee cake for tomorrow morning’s breakfast.
How about you? What made you happy today?