Nor hell nor heaven can that soul surprise, who loves the rain, and loves his home, and looks on life with quiet eyes.
1. Rain all day long today – not the elemental storms of the rest of the country – just the steady drizzle, drip, and weeping of the sky. But I’m a pluviophile (as long as I can watch it from inside a warm, dry house)..
2. In the preacher’s morning letter, she reminded me of Psalm 91, which was written in a time of plague. It had a lot to say to me in this time of COVID-19. “…rootedness in God is the only way to survive life’s inevitable devastations.”
3. We had our final class for Flash Fiction this morning. It was fun, and I’m going to miss having that intellectual stimulus. The teacher will have another class in the fall on Creative Nonfiction. I’ll like that I think. I know Al will.
4. We had tortilla soup for lunch today. I made it with the leftover chicken breast from last week that I poached at the time, and with Bear Creek Tortilla Soup mix. It was very acceptable.
5. I went to Safeway and did a pick-up of groceries I had ordered on Monday. While I was out I stopped and got a Starbucks venti skinny mocha. When I got home I was chilled from fetching the mail and getting out to open the trunk at Safeway, so I gave myself permission to skip exercise for today. I’m just going to spend the rest of the afternoon working on my puzzle (I’m finally making progress.)
How about you? What made you happy today?