Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine into trees.
1. They said the automatic sprinkling system in the garden was supposed to turn on at 11 am on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So I walked over there, carrying my trowel, scarifier, gloves, and bucket to check it out and make sure the water was pointed towards the plants and not away from them. But it didn’t come on, so I scratched through the soil to prepare it for planting in a week. When I was finished, I went in the greenhouse to wash my hands, but there was no soap.
2. As I was getting home from my walk I heard a buzzing noise, and looked up and there was a drone filming the “biker gang” – 6 residents who ride bikes around the campus and down in the park. They were all fitted out with masks, and keeping the requisite 6 ft apart. I think the film is going to be part of advertising for the community – and good advertising it will be.
3. Lunch was PF Chang’s Home Menu Orange Chicken and Signature Rice. They make very acceptable frozen Chinese food.
4. I took a bar of soap over to the greenhouse on my afternoon walk. There aren’t any paper towels, and I don’t have any extra. I sent an email to the woman who is in charge of the garden, and we’ll see whether she can source any paper towels. If not, I’ll get some at the commissary when I go next week.
5. The dining room here at FTJ is starting to have sandwiches, soups, and salads available to order. They will fix it and bring it to your house/apartment. Big Al has been taking advantage of their Chef Salads for a while now, but this is advertised and available to everyone.
How about you? What made you happy today?