I wish you great inner stillness which alone allows us to speak, even today, without irony, of “peace on earth” and, without despair, to work for it.
Br David Steindl-Rast
1. I fixed pancakes for breakfast. I put blueberries in mine. They were tasty, but I have forgotten the tricks to regulating the heat, so they ended up a little charred. Next time…
2. For church this morning we heard about the walk to Emmaus. “How it is now, is not how it will always be.” “No longer a slave to fear.”
3. I ran to Royal Thai Bistro and fetched lunch for us. They always feed us well. Big Al had Pad Kee Mao, and I had Singapore Noodles. The thing I like the best is all the veggies they put in it – big chunks of veggies – broccoli, red and green peppers, celery, mushrooms, carrots, onions, etc.
4. Warmer today, but still cloudy. I made some good progress on the puzzle. It’s still not ready for prime time, but it’s getting there.
5. We had the Greisser Girls call this afternoon, and we’ve added a cousin, and her daughters. Great so see everybody.
How about you? What made you happy today?