Jesus was all about vulnerable people winning. Spiritual Winning is never about getting our way to fulfill our own agendas.
1. We had Zoom Bible study this morning, looking at John 10:1-10. This is one of the passages where the gospel writers (usually John) seem to say that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Most of us disagreed with that interpretation. I think it’s possible that we’ve all been influenced by the Evangelical strain of American Christianity. I’m interested to hear what the preacher has to say on Sunday.
2. We had our standard Tuesday lunch – chef salad for Big Al, and egg salad sandwich for me. Then I ran to Starbucks and got a vente skinny mocha and a blueberry scone. I’ll be so glad when they quit closing at 2:00 pm, and I can get my mocha and a scone later in the afternoon.
3. The housekeepers came today and I have clean sheets on the beds, vacuumed and mopped floors, clean bathrooms and a clean kitchen. It feels really good (especially since I didn’t have to do any of it.)
4. Zoom class this afternoon was about the Red Sea region. I will admit that part of the world holds little interest for me. I’m old enough to remember the Suez Canal crisis in real time. And the various players in the region seem to still be living with the same tribal dynamics they’ve had for centuries. Sigh.
5. I got in a walk before lunch and after Bible study, and then a longer one after the Great Decisions Zoom class this afternoon. I needed to clear my head after the class. I stopped by the garden and gave my tomatoes and squash, green beans and herb seeds a nice drink of water.
How about you? What made you happy today?