To become aware of the opportunity a given moment offers us is the essence of how we practice grateful living.
Br. David Steindl-Rast
1. Up this morning and headed for the commissary. Big Al went with me, just for the ride because he doesn’t go in (and besides if he went in he’d have to wear his mask and he hates it.)
2. We went down about 11 am because lots of people go first thing. When we got there I didn’t have to stand in line very long (thank goodness). I washed my hands outside under the watchful eyes of an armed MP. If one of those guys tells you to wash your hands you better believe you do
3. There was more stuff on the shelves than the last time I went. I got everything except the kind of toilet paper I like, and some salad toppings. I WAS able to get some toilet paper, so all was not lost. It only took me about 2 hours in the store. Then it took me another 30 minutes to unload the car after we got home.
4. We dithered about what we were going to have for lunch, and eventually decided to get takeout from Moctezumas – so I spent another 50 minutes running down to get it. It was very tasty once I finally sat down to eat at 3:00. I had carne asada, and Big Al had enchiladas.
5. I took a short walk after all that. I’ve given myself permission not to try for my 10,000 steps today. Walking around and up and down the aisles at the commissary is enough to wear anybody out.
How about you? What made you happy today?