Look closely at the present you are constructing: it should look like the future you are dreaming.
1. Cool/cold and breezy this morning with cloudy skies when I woke up. The rain from yesterday has gone off across the mountains. With the rain yesterday, and the wind today, the backyard looks like it snowed because all of the locust blossoms are being blown off the trees.
2. Pentecost Sunday – the birthday of the church. Good sermon by the preacher. We focused on the 12th chapter of 1st Corinthians about the giving of gifts to the people of God. The pianist took this opportunity to play “Happy Birthday” for the postlude.
3. We had dinner from Oddfella’s Pub and Restaurant. They have curbside pick up so I ordered before church, and scurried down there to get the food at noon. Big Al had cottage pie with extra gravy and I had a chicken sandwich and coleslaw. It suited both of us and was easy to fetch and carry.
4. I had scheduled an Earth Ministry Zoom call this afternoon. I didn’t know what to expect, but unfortunately it was a lot of lament and very short on anything practical. So I gave myself permission to leave, and instead I finished planting the plants I got the other day. I’m sure I did as much for the earth by planting something and beautifying my little corner of it.
5. Greisser Girls’ call this afternoon. We solved nothing, but it was really nice to talk with people that we didn’t have to explain ourselves to.
How about you? What made you happy today?