Catastrophe is the essence of the spiritual path, a series of breakdowns allowing us to discover the threads that weave all of life into a whole cloth.
Roshi Joan Halifax
1. I’ve said before that I only have to be hit over the head twice or three times before I get it. I’m just now realizing that this is, for me, liminal space. I know there’s no way to win if you fight liminal space. The only way is to get through it. BUT, generally, you are in liminal space because you need to learn something. When we were waiting to move to the PNW I felt like I was in liminal space. It lasted three years. God willing, this virus won’t last that long. Now – to figure out what I need to learn as I wait.
2. It’s been gloomy and rainy all day long today, but I was able to go over to the Wellness Center and use the NuStep to get my step count for the day.
3. Lunch was an old childhood standby for days like today – tomato soup, and grilled cheese sandwich.
4. I’m making good progress on the jigsaw puzzle. It’s going a little bit faster now that there are fewer pieces to search through.
5. A couple of the trees in the area behind the fence are finally starting to leaf out. We’ve been worried that they were completely dead, because they are tall enough to pose a danger to the house in high winds if they were to fall. Glad to see that they are alive and hanging in there. I know it’s hard to see in the picture, but there really are little green leaves on some of those (dead) branches.
How about you? What made you happy today?