We are all at once both a composition and a composer. We have the ability not only to compose the future of our own lives, but to help compose the future of everyone around us and the communities in which we live.
1. Rain in the night, but cleared off this morning. Sunshine until about noon, and then a couple of showers. Pretty cool all day today. 42 this morning, and a high in the mid-50s.
2. Church this morning. The text was John 10:1-10. In the text, the sheep trust the shepherd’s voice, because he has been trustworthy in the past. Our question was “Who do we trust?” and why? Still pondering…
3. We had communion – each in our own house – with whatever elements we had at hand. I had red wine, and a vanilla cookie.
4. Lunch today was from Harbor Lights (local restaurant). I’ve been jonesing for fish and chips for several weeks and haven’t been able to find any restaurants that had it, probably because the fishing industry has been shut down for 6-8 weeks, and they aren’t used to keeping frozen fish on hand. But Harbor Lights just reopened after being closed since the middle of March, and they had Alaskan True Cod. I got that, and Big Al got a cheeseburger that must have had a full half a pound of meat on it.
5. Zoom call with the Greisser Girls this afternoon. Visiting with my sisters always makes me happy.
How about you? What made you happy today?