Grateful living helps us to unleash our most generous selves as we practice taking nothing and no one for granted.
1. Today is Mother’s Day, and all the progeny have checked in. I really miss being able to be in the same room with them, but, this too shall pass. Big Al came through with a Whitman’s Sampler. He had to get our concierge here at FTJ to go purchase it for him because we aren’t allowed off campus. She did good.
2. The text of the sermon this morning was John 14:1-11. I talked a little bit about it here. The preacher didn’t address the gendered language, but she did say that God is Love – in all the ways, in all the times – God is Love. We see the “Father” in the “Son” because Jesus shows unconditional Love.
3. Ran to Starbucks after church and got me a Vente Skinny Mocha, and I ate it with one of my Jiffy blueberry muffins that I baked the other day. I also cooked 5 chicken thighs that I got at Trader Joe’s on Friday. I’ll put them in the refrigerator when they cool off so I can eat on them for suppers the rest of the week.
4. Greisser Girls Zoom call this afternoon. Good to visit with the sisters. Text messages are great, but voice communication is better.
5. If you’re friends with me on Facebook, you’ll know that my go-to choice for Mother’s Day lunch/dinner is sushi. Our regular Japanese restaurant that’s open on Sunday noon is pretty far away. Okay for sushi, but not so much for bringing yakisoba home to Big Al. Anyway, after the Zoom call, we ordered from our second favorite sushi place that opens at 4:00 pm on Sundays. So I’m gonna get my Sushi Combo after all.
How about you? What made you happy today?