After all, I don’t see why I am always asking for private, individual, selfish miracles when every year there are miracles like white dogwood.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
1. Good Bible study this morning. We looked at more of Jesus’s final discussion in the Gospel of John. John 14:15-21. I had real problems with the conditionality of the way it’s written – “if you follow me, the Father will love you.” That’s really antithetical to me. I believe God’s love is unconditional. I also argue with most of the translations that call the Holy Spirit “he”. I firmly believe if the Holy Spirit has any gender, it’s female. We did all agree that we were tired of the Gospel of John, and can’t wait to get to Pentecost and be finished with John’s theology.
2. We had our regular Tuesday lunch – Chef Salad from the FTJ kitchen for Big Al, and homemade egg salad sandwich for me.
3. The housekeepers came today, and I have clean sheets on the bed, vacuumed, mopped and swept floors, and a clean kitchen and bathrooms.
4. I started a new 1000 piece puzzle. It’s definitely going to be difficult.
5. The weather was cool and showery today, so I went to the Wellness Center and used the NuStep to get my step-count. 10,000 steps in the book.
How about you? What made you happy today?