Gratefulness is a setting of the heart, one that I can choose like a wavelength on the radio.
1. Dreary, cloudy day today, but so far it hasn’t rained, even though it was forecast to. I’m afraid my #2 boy-child is getting deluged in the Columbia River valley.
2. Walked over to the garden this morning and watered the beans and squash plants. The tomatoes need some warmer weather and more sun, but other people’s tomato plants are blooming already. I think they started them in their house and just brought them out when it got warmer. Next week promises to be warmer with low 70s toward the end of the week.
3. Good lunch of pork chops with cinnamon applesauce, corn on the cob, and asparagus. I’m so glad that spring vegetables are starting to come in to the grocery store.
4. The preacher turned me on to a series of articles about simple Joys from the New York Times (they may be behind a paywall – if so, I’m sorry). JOCTB: the Joy of Circling the Block, JOCFO: the Joy of Caring for Others, JOJVVS: the Joy of Jogging Very, Very Slowly. I hope you can read them.
5. The starlings who seemed to have taken over the woods behind me yesterday have moved on, so I’m no longer listening to their cacophony. I’m reveling in the bushes I planted several years ago as they bloom.
How about you? What made you happy today?