The beginning is always today.
1. Sunshine and breezy first thing this morning. #2 son woke me with an early text “9 hours to summer. Summer is just hiding behind the fence over there.” All I know is, the sun this morning was a tease with alternating sun and black clouds. High temperature today of 59 deg. after the sun came out. It has threatened storms all day, but nothing has materialized, even with a 70% chance some of the time.
2. Went to Safeway’s Drive-up and Go and got groceries for the week. A couple of substitutions, but all good. Got Quilted Northern Toilet Paper instead of Cottonel (much better). The only thing missing was Bear Creek Tortilla Soup Mix.
3. We had red beans and rice with lil’ smokies for lunch today. Easy, and tasty.
4. Because of the threat of storms I didn’t try to walk outside today. I spent enough time at the Wellness Center on the NuStep to get my 10,000 steps.
5. Looking forward to a Zoom workshop this evening on “Staying Sane in the Midst of a Global Pandemic.” The leader is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and I know she will have some great information for us. Sometimes I get five things easily, and sometimes I have to really search for even two or three things that made me happy. I have never been plagued with depression, but I have several friends (both on-line and in real life) who go through episodes regularly. I can see how it would be really easy to fall into the pit during this time of isolation and horrors in the news.
How about you? What made you happy today?