The beginning is always today.
1. It’s cloudy, breezy and cool today, but I got in a short walk around the Duplex Circle this morning. That’s about all the walking my Achilles will allow. I went over to the Wellness Center and finished off my 10,000 steps on the NuStep.
2. Lunch was pretty eclectic today. I had a baked chicken thigh, steamed yellow squash, and a red skinned potato. Big Al had mango chicken (leftover from Sunday), a red skinned potato, and beets.
3. I see where the President is insisting that churches reopen. I’m eternally grateful that my denomination, presbytery, and session are not in any hurry to reopen. We understand that “church” is not a building, and we believe that Jesus never wants us to put our comfort ahead of the safety of others. Sunday will be our 11th Sunday of Worship on Facebook Live. (https://www.facebook.com/BethanyTacoma/)
4. In the last 7 days Tacoma has had an average of 2.7 new cases of COVID-19 per day, and only 3 new cases in the last 3 days. Holding my breath that these statistics hold.
5. We had Driveway Happy Hour this afternoon with wine, soda and snacks. It was nice to sit in the fresh air (even if it was pretty cool and windy) and visit with our next door neighbors (they were in their driveway, we were in ours.)
How about you? What made you happy today?