Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.
1. It was cool and cloudy when I got up today. 48 deg. is cool by anybody’s standard. The forecast threatened continued clouds and cool, but the sun came out periodically and the temperature clawed it’s way up to 62 deg. I’ll take it.
2. A short walk around the Duplex Circle this morning felt pretty good, so I tried to walk a little more in the afternoon. Nope – Achilles fussed, so I went to the Wellness Center and did strength, balance, and core, followed by a session on the NuStep. 10,000 steps done and dusted.
3. Lunch was Lloyd’s barbecue, Bush’s baked beans, and coleslaw. It’s not Memorial Day yet, but I know I’m not going to get anything special on Monday, unless I order ribs from the dining room here at FTJ.
4. The siblings have been texting about all the pretty flowers and ground covers they are planting, so, of course, I got the bug, too. I found out that Watson’s has order on-line and curbside pick-up, so I may take advantage of that early next week.
5. I got outdone with the state of the garage, and spent quite a while out there sorting junk, putting it in bags to go out with the garbage, and sweeping. It’s finally warm enough to work out there, and it’s good exercise. I wanted to get that done before I tackled the pots on the front porch and got them planted next week.
How about you? What made you happy today?