May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.
1. It was cool and cloudy this morning but the sun came out about noon, and it warmed up significantly, especially if you’re out in the sun. The computer said it got up to 66 deg. and the phone said it got up to 70 deg. Nice in any case.
2. The text for today in church on-line was Acts 1:1-11. This is one of the passages that divides Christians – did Jesus REALLY levitate to heaven? And the angels. The disciples are standing around gaping and the angels ask “Why are you looking at the sky?” If someone had just disappeared up into a cloud, I think I would have stood there with my mouth hanging open too. Is it necessary that we believe that Jesus left earth like “Beam me up, Scottie?” Or does what matters is that we treat other people like Jesus did and told us to?
3. When church was over I rode down to our favorite Thai restaurant, and got Singapore Noodles for me, and Sweet and Sour Chicken for Big Al. They really give us value for money.
4. The preacher had given up and gotten a buzz cut. I’m on the verge of doing the same if I could find somebody who has electric clippers. I could put the 1-inch guard on them and get rid of this hair.
5. The Greisser Girls Zoom call was this afternoon. Always fun. They both discouraged me from getting a buzz cut, but another week or two, and I might do it.
How about you? What made you happy today?