My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.
1. Up early, dressed, breakfasted, and out to the commissary early. I may have overstuffed the cabinets (I know I overstuffed the freezer), but we should be good for the next month or six weeks (except for fresh veggies, bread, and eggs from Safeway).
2. We stopped at Bruno’s and got a takeout lunch – Bruno’s Schnitzel for Big Al and Jaeger Schnitzel for me. We both got cucumber salad and I got potato salad and Al got pickled beets for sides. I’ve really been missing my Bruno’s German food fix.
3. The bagger at the commissary did a good job of packing the bags really lightly, so they weren’t too heavy for me to carry in, but there were a million of them. It took me almost an hour to unload the car, and enough steps to mostly get all that done.
4. Yesterday I had enough sense to push my scheduled time today at the Wellness Center by an hour (2:30-3:30 instead of 1:30-2:30) so I had time to walk over there and do my balance, strength, and core work. Then Big Al called and told me the landscaping guys were coming to prune some of the bushes, and so I hurried home to be here to make sure they understood what I wanted. I get really mad when they slash indiscriminately. I think they did an acceptable job.
5. As a “sustaining member” (that means I give them $10 a month) of my local NPR station I got to listen to a conversation between a local host and Mary Louise Kelly (co-host of All Things Considered). She, like all the rest of the staff, has been broadcasting from her home on lockdown. She talked about all the things that seem be coming together in this time. It’s great to hear what she really thinks, in conversation. She talked about how the never ending chaos in Washington really affects what they are scheduling. She grieves because they don’t really have time to talk about international affairs, and other things that we really don’t know. How difficult it is to fact check in real time, etc. Super good show.
How about you? What made you happy today?