As long as I’m alive, I will continue to try to understand more because the work of the heart is never done.
1. Another cloudy, cool dawn with a 49 deg. temperature. As the day wore on it got a little warmer, but stayed in the 50s.
2. The clouds thinned out a little this morning and I was able to take a short walk. At lunchtime, the clouds thickened up again, and the “showers” came on in earnest. After lunch I took the car to the Wellness Center to finish off my step count for the day.
3. For lunch we had soup and sandwiches. Big Al had good, old Campbell’s Chicken Noodle soup with a wrap he made of bologna, cheese, and one of the leftover flour tortillas. I had Progresso Lite Clam Chowder and half a ham sandwich.
4. Things are beginning to open back up. As of today, restaurants can have sit-down, indoor dining, and barber shops/hair salons can start cutting hair on Monday. I’m still reluctant to take advantage of those things. I know merchants and business owners are being really careful right now, but I have no way of knowing who was at the table or in the chair before I was, and how careful they have been for the last 15 days.
5. You may remember I’m tracking the COVID-19 numbers for just Tacoma. The county reports new cases and deaths every day by residence. For a several days about three weeks ago, the 7-day rolling average was between 2.5 and 3 new cases a day. Unfortunately, the 7-day rolling average has shot up to above 5 for new cases. Probably because of the Memorial Day holiday. The county-wide numbers are showing a similar increase. We’ve just been promoted from Phase 1 to Phase 2, so I hope people will be careful and not put our numbers back up to where we have to go back to stricter regulations.
How about you? What made you happy today?