Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
1. It was really cool (49 deg.) when I woke up this morning, after rain showers in the night. Showers, with a few sun breaks, continued all day.
2. This is the first Sunday of the month so we “had cocktails” in church. We had a guest preacher this week. Last week, our preacher sent her sermon recording to his church so they both could have a week off. He preached on Psalm 88, one of the psalms of lament. It doesn’t even end with prevenient hope – much like our situation now. But it’s okay to rail and scream at God, particularly when the circumstances warrant.
3. Dickey’s Barbecue for dinner today. Big Al had pulled pork, with barbecue beans and potato salad, and I had ribs, with jalapeno beans and potato salad. Red, Hot, and Blue it was not, but it was very acceptable for the Pacific Northwest.
4. Watered the plants on the front porch. They seem to be settling in nicely. The verbena has taken to the hanging basket.
5. Enjoyed the Greisser Girls’ Zoom call this afternoon. We thoroughly discussed the virus, the protests, the police, sparrows, health care, gardens, and weather. We didn’t solve anything (except maybe the weather). I love those women. We’re separated by a continent and 6 years of age, but when we get together, it’s like we’re all still living at home.
How about you? What made you happy today?