Do whatever you can to cope. Sit and watch the birds; close your eyes and breathe; connect with your heart. It’s okay, even critical, to find relief where you can.
1. More rain in the night, and the morning was really cloudy. By noon it had cleared off some, and the temperature was up to the mid 60s. Nice afternoon.
2. Got the clippers from the preacher this morning, and Al and I, together, got my hair cut. It doesn’t look too bad, I don’t think, but there are places that need to be trimmed up after I shower and wash it tomorrow morning.
3. Picked up my Safeway order this morning in good order. The only real problem was they had run out of the little individual cups of chocolate ice cream that I had ordered. I don’t dare buy a half-gallon. I’d eat the whole thing in one sitting. The little cups have three ounces in each, and only 100 calories, so it’s easier to be circumspect.
4. We drove down to Moctezumas to get our 55th anniversary take-out lunch. I got carne asada, with black beans and cilantro-lime rice. Big Al got three ground-beef enchiladas with refried beans and Mexican rice. We ordered two margaritas, but when we got home, there weren’t any in the bag. It probably a good thing, but it was a disappointment.
5. I got to listen to my local NPR station’s interview with Tamara Keith, NPR’s White House reporter. This is the second one of their specials for sustaining members. It was very interesting hearing about how press coverage of the administration has changed during the COVID-19 time.
How about you? What made you happy today?