Maybe there’s something…powerful that’s unleashed when we lean into the vulnerability of our imperfect selves.
1. Rain today, almost all day. It brightened up a little around 4:00, but too late to really affect the temperature which started out at 55 deg. and never got above 58 deg.
2. I actually slept past 6:30 am, probably because (see #1). This time of year when the sun gets up at 4:30, I have a hard time staying asleep after 5:30 or 6:00. Today I woke up at 7:15. That may be a record for me during the summer.
3. For lunch, I fixed bratwurst, little red potatoes, and sauteed cabbage with slices of sauteed apple. Al was impressed. And so was I.
4. After working out at the Wellness Center, I took the clippers back to the church and left them for the preacher to pick up on Sunday. Then I went to the little nursery and bought two new tomato plants and some vegetable fertilizer. Hopefully, there will be a break in the rain tomorrow when I can take them to the garden and plant the tomatoes and feed the green beans and squash.
5. You may remember I was worrying about the fact that we have had an increase in daily COVID-19 new cases in Tacoma since the first of the month, probably because of Memorial Day, and things beginning to open back up. We were below a rolling 7-day average of 3 new cases daily at one point in May, but it’s been over an average of five a day since the third of June. Thankfully, it’s started dropping again, and is now below an average of less than four a day for two days in a row.
How about you? What made you happy today?