Let nothing dim the light that shines from within.
1. It was cloudy and cool this morning, but the sun came out about noon, and it has warmed up significantly. It’s really nice today.
2. Bible study this morning was Matthew 14:22-33. That’s the story of Jesus calming the waves and walking on water to meet the disciples who were fishing on the Sea of Galilee. Jesus invites Peter to get out of the boat and come to him. I have a problem with this story, because the implication is that Jesus will protect us if we only follow him. The problem is the people who are insisting that we reopen the churches, because God wouldn’t let them catch the virus if they’re in church. And we all know that’s a load of hogwash. There’s a fine line between trusting God, and ignoring science.
3. Big Al had leftovers from Sunday for lunch, and I had leftovers from Saturday. We were both happy.
4. I went by the garden on my way to the Wellness Center after lunch. The plants are looking much healthier, and are actually putting out new shoots. I don’t know whether that’s because of the fertilizer I gave them on Saturday, or because the weather has improved. Whatever…they’re happy.
5. Did my strength, balance, and core exercises and finished off my steps for the day at the Wellness Center! Success!
How about you? What made you happy today?