Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.
1. Warmer overnight and still warmer today. 58 deg. first thing this morning, and 78 deg. by 5:00 pm. It feels REALLY hot and muggy (quit laughing all you folks on the other side of the Cascades.)
2. Made my monthly run to Trader Joe’s this morning and got sausages, eggs, and some chicken to make Chicken Tetrazzini with next week. That should please Big Al – it’s one of his favorites.
3. We had a new PF Chang’s Home Menu for lunch today – Korean Barbecue Sauce with Chicken and Vegetables.
4. I went by the garden and watered on the way to the Wellness Center. Things are coming along, but even the second planting of basil seeds hasn’t taken. I guess I’ll just have to be happy with cilantro and thyme. The green beans and yellow squash are doing well. The tomatoes don’t look in any worse shape today, so maybe they are happy with getting watered more often.
5. We had “Driveway Hoppy Hour” this afternoon. It was nice to sit outside because there were high clouds that kept it from being too hot. Nice breeze.
How about you? What made you happy today?