I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.
1. Father’s Day. I had a wonderful father, married a wonderful father, and birthed two wonderful fathers. I feel so fortunate and thankful.
2. The sermon today was about Jesus inviting Peter to walk on water, and then Jesus calming the waves – Matthew 14:22-33. We always hear it as Jesus encouraging Peter to try harder, but maybe it’s really about Jesus always coming towards us.
3. We drove down to pick up takeout from Moctezuma’s – Big Al’s favorite and go-to choice for celebrations. He had Ground Beef Chimichanga, with pico de gallo, salsa, rice and beans. I had a Chimichanga del Mar, with cilantro rice and black beans.
4. Al got Father’s Day calls from the boys and enjoyed talking to them.
5. Good visit with the Greisser Girls this afternoon.
How about you? What made you happy today?