For many years, at great cost, I traveled through many countries, saw the high mountains, the oceans. The only things I did not see were the sparkling dewdrops in the grass just outside my door.
1. Big Al and I got our COVID-19 tests this morning. We should hear the results by tomorrow morning, if not this afternoon. Not that there’s anywhere either one of us could have gotten it, except, possibly me at the dentist yesterday. And they were really careful.
2. Good Bible study this morning. We looked at Genesis 18:1-15 where Abraham and Sarah are visited by several “men” who tell Sarah she is going to have a baby. She laughs and names the baby “Laughter” (Isaac). This is the second announcement of the coming birth. A chapter earlier God had told Abraham the same thing and he also laughed, but we rarely mention that.
3. The housekeepers came today. We have clean sheets on the beds, mopped and vacuumed floors, clean bathrooms and a clean kitchen.
4. We had a Great Decisions discussion today about our relationship with the nations of the Northern Triangle (Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador). We decided that whatever it is we’re doing, it isn’t working.
5. I have an appointment later today with one of my tame computer experts to see about some of the problems I’ve been having with my computer and Home Server.
How about you? What made you happy today?