When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’
1. It turned cool and cloudy overnight. I started out the day with an open window, and a lightweight, long-sleeved shirt. I closed the window about 10 am and then I put on a turtleneck under my shirt to walk this morning.
2. Went over to the garden and give everything a good drink since it doesn’t look like we’re going to get any rain this weekend.
3. Did a rerun of the Chicken Tetrazzini for lunch today. Big Al was pleased and, consequently, so was I.
4. The big buddleia bush next door on the other side of the fence has started blooming. I love looking at it, because it’s usually covered with butterflies. Doesn’t look like as many butterflies this year, but they may come along later.
5. Got all my steps in at the Wellness Center this afternoon on the NuStep. My Achilles still bothers me if I walk up and down hills too much. I won’t do any walking tomorrow – it’s my sabbath. Maybe by Monday…
How about you? What made you happy today?