A garden is made of hope.
1. Blue sky this morning when I woke up, and up to 70 by the time church was over.
2. The sermon was about Zacchaeus. The preacher pointed out that Zacchaeus not only repented, he also tried to repair the damage he had done by returning the money he had stolen. Is this what Black Live Matter movement is trying to say when they ask for reparations?
3. I drove down to Royal Thai for dinner today and picked up Pad Kee Mao for Big Al and Singapore Noodles for me. He loves the flavor of Pad Kee Mao but he’s not fond of the mushrooms and Thai basil, so he picks them out and gives them to me. I get the best of both worlds.
4. I actually walked down to the garden and watered. So far my Achilles is okay. We’ll see tomorrow morning if it stays that way. I’ve got lots of yellow squash, and the green beans are covered with blooms, but the tomatoes still look sad. The cilantro and thyme are coming along fine.
5. Harriet had company this weekend so she wasn’t able to join the Greisser Girls call. Betty and I did fine without her (although we missed her scintillating wit and wisdom.)
How about you? What made you happy today?