There was something horribly depressing about watching the weather report. That life could be planned like the perfect summer picnic drained it of spontaneity.
NOTE: Apologies that most of my “5 Things” are not happy. Sorry that today conspired to put a damper on my enthusiasm (just in case you thought I was channeling Pollyanna.)
1. We’re back to gloomy skies and temperatures in the 60s. Even the TV meteorologists don’t know why the stupid low keeps pumping clouds into our weather pattern. My kids have suggested several reasons for this anomaly – brain eating amoeba, COVID, rampant racism, killer bees, killer wasps, locusts, the Saharan dust storm, the great Pacific garbage patch, our dysfunctional president. I’m personally leaning toward the great Pacific garbage patch messing with the ocean currents, and consequently our weather. We’re killing ourselves.
2. In Bible study this morning, we read the first chapter of Exodus. The Pharaoh’s attempt “other” the Hebrews is eerily reminiscent of the current administration. Too many black and brown people – let’s a. work them to death, b. require them to work in unhealthy conditions, c. take their kids away from them, etc. Not really happy about this, but it needed to be said.
3. Standard Tuesday lunch – Chef Salad for Big Al, and egg salad sandwich for me.
4. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to untangle my records from where USAA stopped their investment service, transferred everything to Schwab, and we decided we wanted to use Ameriprise instead. I’m still not convinced my Quicken is right, so I guess I’ll spend some more time tomorrow on it. I just wish I was getting the $500/hr that I would charge if I were still a CPA.
5. The housekeepers came today and I have clean sheets on the bed, clean bathrooms, a clean kitchen, and swept, vacuumed, and mopped floors. (Finally something to really make me happy.)
How about you? What made you happy today?