We owe it to our children to be better stewards of the environment. The alternative? – a world without whales. It’s too terrible to imagine.
1. Another perfect day in the Pacific Northwest. 59 deg. when I left for the commissary, and, now in the late afternoon, it’s 78 deg. Two-shirt day with long sleeves to go to the commissary, and, now, a T-shirt.
2. The J-pod of resident Orcas has returned to the Salish Sea. They are “grazing” on the west side of San Juan Island.
(picture from last summer’s Whale Watching cruise with granddaughter.)
3. I went to the commissary early this morning. I made it home before noon, which is a feat in itself. I didn’t get everything on the list, but I got everything they had. Toilet paper is in good supply, but Ivory Liquid is non-existent. As is dishwasher soap. Plenty of dish soap, just no Cascade, or any other kind of dishwasher soap. I have no idea why.
4. Boathouse 19 reopened today, and there was much rejoicing. Big Al had jambalaya and I had calamari. Yum, yum, yum. We got it for take-out because I’m still not comfortable eating in a restaurant.
5. I took a walk around the Duplex Circle after lunch. I wasn’t able to get to the Wellness Center. *sigh* I was beat after walking around in the commissary all morning, and carrying all the bags into the house. I may or may not get all my 10,000 steps for the day, but I’m giving myself permission to skip it for the day. (I may get some energy after supper and go for it.) (Or maybe not).
How about you? What made you happy today?