Every “bad” habit we have is either a strategy that used to work but no longer does, or was the best approach we could come up with given the limited tools and resources we once had.
MaryAnn McKibben Dana
1. Again, I attempted to foil the 2-shirt fairy, and again I failed. 60 deg. when I woke up, so I put on a long-sleeved shirt. At 11:00 when I wanted to go out for a walk, the temperature had dropped to 57 deg. and no warm-up in sight, so I added a turtleneck under my shirt. After lunch, it had warmed up, so I took the turtleneck off for my afternoon walk and exercise. <sigh> The sun came out and it ended up at 70 deg (T-shirt weather) but I refuse to make it a 3-shirt day.
2. We got a letter from the administration here at Franke Tobey Jones this morning saying that a staff member had tested positive for COVID-19 and is quarantined at home. I fired off an email to our Chief Operating Officer asking if I should begin self-quarantine. I got the reply “We have completed the contact tracing…everyone who was exposed has been contacted.” I’m relieved, but I’m wish they had included that in the letter. I understand they are limited by HIPPA in the information they can share, but a simple sentence, like the one above, would have been very helpful.
3. Ham, corn on the cob, and asparagus for lunch today.
4. I ordered a new hose for the backyard, and also a fountain for the birdbath. I think the birds will enjoy it. They’ll also appreciate the fact that I will be able to keep the birdbath filled with water since I have the new hose.
5. Our ballots should be in the mail tomorrow, or, for sure, on Monday. Every day is primary election day from now until August 4th.
How about you? What made you happy today?