We must use our time and our space on this little planet that we call Earth to make a lasting contribution, to leave it a little better than we found it.
Representative John Lewis
1. I think summer is actually here. 60 deg. when I woke up with bright blue sky and sunshine. It got into the mid-70s this afternoon. Wonderful weather day.
2. I got my new hose hooked up, but when I tried to get the nozzle off of the old one, it was stuck. Neither Al nor I could unscrew it even with a monkey wrench and pliers. So I ordered a new nozzle from Amazon, and it should be here tomorrow.
3. My birdfeeder badly needs a bath. There’s lots of (semi) sprouting seeds in it. I plan to spray it out and then leave it open to dry overnight as soon as I get the hose situation fixed up. No precipitation is promised or threatened for at least a week, so I should have time. Then I can get new seed. I also need to get out there and fill the hummingbird feeder. They’ve been flying back and forth in front of the window (metaphorically) shaking their fists at me.
4. I fixed tuna fish salad for lunch today. It’s one of Big Al’s favorites. We had enough left over for me to have a sandwich on Tuesday when he has his chef salad.
5. After a couple of short walks, I was able to polish off my 10,000 steps in the Wellness Center. I finished with that (relatively) early and spent some time in the rocking chair on the back porch with my book. I’m reading Educated by Tara Westover. It’s a fascinating look into the mind of a family of religious fanatics..
How about you? What made you happy today?