Be hopeful, be optimistic. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble.
Representative John Lewis
1. It was warm when I got up this morning. 60+ degrees. By noon, it was 70, and it got up to 77 this afternoon, although they threatened 80+.
2. Amazon delivered my new hose nozzle shortly after 8 am, and so, between breakfast and church, I hooked it up, washed out the birdbath, and hosed off the back porch. The little solar powered fountain in the birdbath is doing its thing happily, even though it’s not in direct sunlight, In fact, it’s in deep shade.
3. A super sermon from Elizabeth Archer Klein. She is a spiritual director, and serves various congregations around the Presbytery as an interim minister. While our preacher is on vacation (and well deserved vacation) Elizabeth brought the word to us this morning. She talked about anger and hope, but my biggest take-away from the sermon was this – “Hope is not optimism. Hope is deeper than that, and can sustain us even when we have no reason to be optimistic.” That’s my paraphrase, but that’s the gist of what she said. Anger feeds our resolve to make change. Hope shows us how we will eventually end up.
4. For lunch today, we got curbside pickup at Moctezuma’s. Big Al had Mocajete with chicken, and I had a Mexican chopped salad. We actually made it home with our Margarita Grandezas (and they were free because they had shorted us a couple of times in a row.) NOTE: If there are any typos in this post, please understand that I’m a little fuzzy-brained from the booze.
5. The Greisser Girls Gab was a little late this evening because one sister was saying goodbye to her houseguests for the weekend. They live in New York City, but rarely get outside their apartment except when they visit her upstate in the country.
How about you? What made you happy today?