Things have changed, while I was thinking they would revert. The world has settled into a groove when I thought we were at a traffic light.
1. It’s significantly cooler today. 57 deg. when I got up with a misty, mist falling. It was still only 64 deg. when I walked over to the garden on my way to the Wellness Center, but as I was walking home it started to clear off.
2. Went to get my blood tests for my annual physical this morning. It had to be fasting, so I went early. Then, as a treat because I didn’t cry when she stuck me, I got a mocha and a breakfast sandwich from Starbucks on my way home.
3. Stopped by Safeway and picked up my order from yesterday that included fresh birdseed and fresh suet cakes. When I got home I filled the feeder, and the suet cake holder, and refilled the hummingbird feeder. The chickadees complained all day yesterday when the feeder was open and empty, but so far, they are only ganging up at the suet cakes. I got the suet for the flickers, but the flickers are going to have hurry or the chickadees will have them gone.
4. Big Al and I both had chef salads for lunch. I needed something light after a heavy Starbucks breakfast.
5. Stopped by the garden on my way to the Wellness Center and harvested a couple of handfuls of green beans. Probably have them for lunch tomorrow.
How about you? What made you happy today?