Wanting more and more and more is the virus that results when we are not content with and grateful for what we already have.
1. It was almost 70 when I woke up, and it’s only gotten warmer all day. It was 85 or 89 deg. by 5 pm, depending on which weather app you looked at. Hooray for the air-conditioned Wellness Center to get my exercise in when it’s this hot.
2. Based on the threatened hot weather, I walked down to the garden before noon and watered the plants down there. I also harvested another handful+ of green beans. I should be able to get a nice potful by Wednesday or Thursday.
3. We had ham, and corn on the cob for lunch, and Big Al had beets, and I had yellow squash. My squash in my garden is blooming and making baby squash about the size of my thumb, but then they get kind of wrinkled up and quit maturing. I don’t know what the problem is unless it was that cool/cold spell with no sun we had last week.
4. The laundry is all washed, dried, folded, and hung up.
5. We had Driveway Happy Hour this afternoon. They had leftover margaritas from last week, so I enjoy one this afternoon. I made sure our chairs were in the shade of the garage.
How about you? What made you happy today?