Like many, I watched the first half of 2020 with a mixture of heartbreak and horror. What fills me with hope is the thought of what will come if each of us reflects on what we can offer.
1. A really pretty day. Mid-50s this morning early, and low 80s this afternoon.
2. One of the maintenance men came by and evaluated our back porch for what they could do about the fact that its finish is peeling, and its floor is sagging. It was rebuilt about 5 years ago, so they aren’t excited about replacing it. At a minimum they are going to refinish it so there is no longer bare wood showing.
3. I walked over to the garden before lunch and harvested another handful of green beans. I think tomorrow or Friday we’ll have some for lunch.
4. Haircut this afternoon. Some people (usually 20- or 30-somethings) are having a hard time following the rules about masks and social distancing. Our COVID-19 case count is steadily rising and I’m afraid we’re going to get put back into lockdown. I want to get my hair cut before that happens.
5. Since I was going to be out in the car anyway, I moved my Safeway pickup from tomorrow morning to this afternoon. I HATE to shop anyway, so grocery pickup is a perk for this time of social distancing.
How about you? What made you happy today?
Mammogram. Bone density.test. HUGE crabs from Fred Meyer. Gorgeous day. Life is good!
LikeLiked by 1 person