The pandemic shows us above all that twenty-first-century survival depends on an ability to handle chaos.
1. Nice day today. Cool enough this morning for me to get my walk in. Then it topped out at 84 this afternoon.
2. When I got the groceries home yesterday, I realized I hadn’t gotten the veggies, and bread that I had originally intended to. So today, I ordered again first thing this morning and picked it up after 3:00 this afternoon. I LOVE ordering on line and having them bring it to the car, and I remain touch-free.
3. Another handful of green beans from the garden harvested on my walk. I think I’m going to pull up one row that’s pretty spindly looking and replant. Now that it’s gotten warmer and sunnier, I should have decent luck.
4. Big Al had to get his bloodwork done for his physical next week, so he went early and picked up his breakfast from McDonalds on the way home. The doctor had neglected to put the order in, so he’ll have to go back tomorrow. He didn’t want any lunch (from me when I was ready to fix it), so he fixed his own sandwich.
5. I LOVE Obama. Tears and cheers.
How about you? What made you happy today?